India – Public Notary for overseas documents
Public Notary assisting with documents for India
If you are sending documents to India, you must have those documents notarised by a public notary. Unfortunately, finding a public notary in Sydney who is familiar with your requirements and readily available to assist you can be challenging. Fortunately, you have come to the right place.
As a leading provider of public notary services in Sydney we assist many people with notarising their documents for countries all over the world, especially India.
Why choose us for notary services?
Our quick and hassle-free public notary services ensure that your documents can be processed by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) and Consulate General of India, Sydney (processed by VFS) without complication and unnecessary delay.
We regularly notarise the following documents:
- Affidavits and statutory declarations used in Indian court proceedings, including Hindu divorce proceedings.
- General Power of Attorney or Special Power of Attorney used in property transactions and court proceedings in India, sometimes required by banks or government departments.
- Indian government and immigration forms for renewing passports (including lost or damaged passports, expired passports, change of appearance or change in signatures) and other formal documents for Indian citizens, Overseas Citizen of India, and Non-resident Indian/Person of Indian Origin.
- Indian Drivers Licence Verification whenever required for converting an Indian drivers licence to a NSW drivers licence, especially when the name that appears on the passport and the drivers licence are different.
- Non-resident Indian sponsorship of students in India.
- Legal documents required for deceased estates with property in India.
Start with advice from your lawyer in India
In every situation, you should make sure that your documents satisfy the formal legal requirements in India. You should also have clear instructions from your lawyers in India as to how the documents should be printed (ie, must it be printed on stamped paper), signed, witnessed (if necessary), notarised and stamped by DFAT or the Consulate (if necessary). Our experienced notary public is familiar with documents from India and frequently assists many clients with urgent documentation for India on short notice.
Contrary to popular belief, we are not of Indian origin and we do not practice Indian law (and therefore cannot prepare Indian legal documents for you). Despite this, the majority of our notary public clients are of Indian origin and we proudly serve the Indian community across Sydney.
Do you have any questions?
Sending documents from Australia to other countries can be complicated. We make it simple.
If your documents must be stamped with an apostille or authenticated and then legalised, we can help with that too. We've also created a flowchart to explain the process.
So, what's next?
Why choose Phang Legal for your notary public services?
We're a leading provider of notary public services in Sydney. We're known for our experience and expertise in notarising documents for other countries, our low-cost fixed fees and service offering, and our availability to help on short notice.
Our office is conveniently located in Parramatta, the geographic centre of the Sydney metropolitan area. We help clients from across Sydney and beyond with personal, professional and timely notary public services.
This website is maintained by Phang Legal, a boutique law firm in Parramatta and a leading provider of quality notary public services to satisfied clients across Sydney.
Ern Phang is a director of Phang Legal and a notary public (since 2005). Ern regularly writes about his experiences as a notary public and the issues faced by his clients in sending documents to other countries.