Thailand – Notary Public for Applying for a Retirement Visa
Notary public assisting with Thai visa applications
As an Australian applying for a retirement visa for Thailand, you must arrange all documents submitted as part of your application to be properly bound and notarised by a notary public before they can be submitted to the Royal Thai Consulate for processing. Please provide the notary public with the following documents in original plus three (3) copies (correct at the time of publication)***:
- A completed and signed visa application FORM A with a passport photograph no more than 6 months old. Photographs must original (not photocopies), be taken without glasses or head wear, and attached to the application form;
- A copy of your passport biography page;
- A completed Personal Data Form;
- A copy of your bank statement showing a balance of no less than 800,000 Baht, or an original income statement with a monthly salary of no less than 65,000 Baht, or a deposit account plus monthly income of no less than 800,000 Baht a year;
- An original letter from a bank or financial institution confirming that you have sufficient funds;
- A criminal history check certificate no older than 3 months before to submitting the application;
- A medical certificate indicating that the applicant has no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535) issued no longer than 3 months prior to submitting the application.
For more information, we recommend visiting the Royal Thai Consulate General’s website – especially as these requirements may change from time to time.
Our notary public is experienced with assisting Australians in their dealings with the Royal Thai Consulate General, Sydney. If you are applying for a visa, especially a retirement visa, to travel to Thailand, check whether the formal requirements regarding notarisation apply to you. Call today to make an appointment for our low-cost fixed fee notary services.
*** EDITED (2014): please note that this requirement has changed, and you are only required to provide ONE original and TWO copies (ie, a total of 3 bound sets). To ensure that your information regarding the requirements of the Thai Retirement Visa is always up to date, please visit the website of the Royal Thai Consulate.
Do you have any questions regarding this article?
Would you like a quote?Please visit out Notary Fees page to obtain a FREE quote for our notary public services.
Why choose Phang Legal for your public notary services?
We are a leading provider of public notary services in Sydney known for our low-cost fixed fee notary services, our availability to provide public notary services on short notice, and our focus on personal and timely public notary services. With our offices conveniently located in Parramatta, the geographic centre of the Sydney metropolitan area, our public notary assists clients from across all suburbs of Sydney and beyond.
This website is maintained by Phang Legal, an incorporated legal practice in Parramatta and a leading provider of public notary services to clients across Sydney. Extensive experience and low-cost fixed prices ensures quality services and satisfied clients.
Ern Phang is the solicitor director of Phang Legal and a public notary. Ern regularly writes about his experiences as a public notary and the kinds of issues faced by his clients in sending documents overseas.
This information is correct as at the date of publication (2010-10-27 08:00:21) and may not include subsequent changes.