Skip to content

FAQs – Documents

Parramatta Notary Public Sydney - Notary Documents

Written documentation is at the heart of all notary public services. Everything that we provide in relation to our notary public services relates to some kind of document or another that will be used in other countries outside of Australia.

Generally, if you are signing a document then your document should be prepared in accordance with the laws of the intended destination country, or to the satisfaction of the person/organisation that may be receiving the document.

Always get legal advice

Consult a qualified lawyer in the intended destination country to ensure that you receive the right advice. If you are signing your document in Australia, or if you need an Australian document to be certified and/or verified, then because of the connection with Australia that document will need to be notarised by a notary public in Australia.

As a leading provider of notary public services in Sydney, we regularly deal with documents from all over the world and in many different languages. Our experience with providing notary public services means we are familiar with the requirements of common intended destination countries such as India, Malaysia, Singapore, China, Philippines, Fiji, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, United Arab Emirates, Croatia, Bosnia, Poland, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Argentina, Venezuela, Chile, and the United States of America.

FAQs for documents requiring notary public services

If you have questions regarding documents for your intended destination country, please review the frequently asked questions here or call our office on 02 9687 8885 to speak to our notary public.

Phang Legal - 15 years serving the community

Do you have any questions regarding this article?

If you have never had to have a document notarised before, you may find our role as a notary public, the notary public services that we provide, and this whole process (especially authentication, legalisation and apostille) to be confusing and daunting. Do not worry! We are here to try to simplify it, make it easy for you to understand, and to guide you or assist you with achieving your desired goal.

Please contact us or visit our Frequently Asked Questions for more information regarding this article or our notary public services.

Click here to see the flowchart that we created to help you understand the process regarding notarisation, apostille, authentication and legalisation.

So, what next?

If you are now ready to proceed with having your document notarised, please visit our Notary Fees page for a FREE quote on our notary public services or just call us on 02 9687 8885 and speak to our friendly staff about your requirements.

Why choose Phang Legal for your notary public services?

We are a leading provider of notary public services in Sydney known for our low-cost fixed fee notary services, our availability to provide notary public services on short notice, and our focus on personal and timely notary public services. With our offices conveniently located in Parramatta, the geographic centre of the Sydney metropolitan area, our notary public assists clients from across all suburbs of Sydney and beyond.

Ern Phang, Notary Public

Notary Public

This website is maintained by Phang Legal, an incorporated legal practice in Parramatta and a leading provider of notary public services to clients across Sydney. Extensive experience and low-cost fixed prices ensures quality services and satisfied clients.

is the solicitor director of Phang Legal and a notary public. Ern regularly writes about his experiences as a notary public and the kinds of issues faced by his clients in sending documents overseas.

All information contained in this article is for general purposes only and correct as at the time of publication. You should only rely on information and advice that is specific to your situation and current at the time you wish to rely on it.