Skip to content

Do my documents need to be in English or in any other language?

NAATI Translations - Free QuotesDepends. Your documents should probably be in the language, or translated into the language, used by the intended destination country. However, if we need to verify that we have explained the document to you, or that we have understood the contents of the document, then the document should be in English or translated into English.

Please check out our Document Translation services for more information. If your document is written in a language other than English but it needs to be used in Australia, then you will probably need to have it translated by a NAATI accredited translator.

NAATI accredited translators are accredited for translations in Australia, however they may not be recognised by other countries. Please check with your intended destination country regarding their specific translation requirements.

FAQs for documents requiring notary public services

If you are not sure about your specific requirements, please consult a lawyer in the intended destination country, and call our office on 02 9687 8885 to discuss these requirements with our notary public.

See our other frequently asked questions: