Skip to content

Do you prepare documents for overseas?

Yes, but our notary public services are limited to preparing the notary certificate.

We do not practice in laws of other countries, and so if you need a specific document for that country, such as a power of attorney, you should have that power of attorney document properly prepared for you by a lawyer in the intended destination country. Occasionally you may also be able to download forms from the internet – although you should seek relevant advice before making changes to those forms.

If we prepare any kind of document (other than the notary certificate) for you to use in another country, we do not take responsibility for whether that document is acceptable or legally valid in that country. You must make your own enquiries at all times to satisfy yourself that you have met the requirements of the intended destination country. In most cases we are unable to check whether your document is correct or valid according to the laws of the intended destination country.

FAQs for documents requiring notary public services

If you have questions regarding documents for your intended destination country, please review the frequently asked questions here or call our office on 02 9687 8885 to speak to our notary public.