If you do not make an appointment, we are unable to guarantee that our notary public will be able available to see you at the time you choose to attend our office.
We generally allow for enough time between notary public appointments to ensure that you do not need to wait to be seen and we can notarise your documents at the time of your appointment or as soon as possible afterwards. Please note that if you require a notary certificate, you may need to allow up to 3 hours for processing.
More FAQs regarding our office and appointments
For more information regarding our notary public services or if you want to make an appointment to see our notary public, please contact our office on 02 9687 8885. Otherwise, please visit our other frequently asked questions regarding our office and appointments.
- Where’s your office?
- How do I get to your office?
- Can I park in your office?
- Does your office have wheelchair access?
- Do I need to make an appointment?
- Are you open on the weekends?
- Can you notarise documents in my office?
- Do you need to see me in person?
- What sort of identification do I need to show?
- Why do you keep copies of my identification and notarised documents?