Do you need a travel consent letter?
Unless you’ve been given a specific form, format, or template for a Letter of Consent to Travel, you should remember to include the following important information:
- The full legal name of the child who is travelling.
- The date of birth and passport number of the child who is travelling.
- The full legal name of the adult person who will be accompanying the child.
- The date of birth and passport number of the adult person who will be accompanying the child.
- The destinations that the child can travel to, especially if there are limitations*.
- The dates on which that child can travel*.
- Any other limitations to the consent*.
*you should consider that any limitations to the consent, including destinations or dates, may create difficulties for the adult person who will be accompanying the child if they encounter any changes to their plans or emergencies and the travel consent letter is no longer valid to deal with that situation.
For more information about the travel consent letter, please visit our article “Does the travel consent letter need to be notarised?“
Do you have any questions?
Sending documents from Australia to other countries can be complicated. We make it simple.
If your documents must be stamped with an apostille or authenticated and then legalised, we can help with that too. We’ve also created a flowchart to explain the process.
So, what’s next?
Why choose Phang Legal for your notary public services?
We’re a leading provider of notary public services in Sydney. We’re known for:
- Our experience and expertise in notarising documents for other countries;
- Our low-cost fixed fees and service offerings; and
- Our availability to help on short notice.
Our office is conveniently located in Parramatta, the geographic centre of the Sydney metropolitan area. We help clients from across Sydney and beyond with personal, professional and timely notary public services.
This website is maintained by Phang Legal, a boutique law firm in Parramatta and a leading provider of quality notary public services to satisfied clients across Sydney and beyond.
Ern Phang is a director of Phang Legal and a notary public (since 2005). Ern regularly writes about his experiences as a notary public and the issues faced by his clients in sending documents to countries all over the world.